Teaching Myself to Sew, Sew RIGHT!

Monday, December 18, 2006

The Holidays


marleycoat
Originally uploaded by mclittledrink.

I feel that I am depriving what few readers I have of sewing goodness, but have no fear - I come with good news! As you can see, I have (pretty much) finished the dog jacket and booties. I am supposed to add a strap, but I am still contemplating on that one. The booties even have vinyl on the bottom for extra snow protection! too bad this pattern is out of print now.

I don't have the little dog around to see how it will all work out, so I have to devise a plan and see if it works. >:-) I'm crossing my fingers hoping it fits.

Anyway...

The other day I got this great magazine - Classic Style - in the mail. It really is a great magazine, and seeing all the beautiful people and clothing in it, it really hit me. I really started questioning whether I will ever make clothes like that for myself and be successful. It kinda bummed me out. Okay, it really bummed me out. I get frustrated sometimes because I think I'm getting too old to dress a certain way or that once I get to be a certain age (like maybe by the time I really do start sewing clothes a lot for myself), that I wont be able to wear them.

I know that must sound ridiculous because these clothes are timeless -talking 1940s/1950s/early 60s clothes- to me. I think I got over that thought and am just getting into the swing of things again. I have had a long break from sewing due to all the other crafting I am doing for Christmas. Not to mention my computer addiction (it IS a problem).

So once the excitement of the Holidays is over, I will seriously start some muslin mockups of some stuff I want to make. And undoubtedly, I will get started on the real shirt I am making for Ben. I'm only on his mockup right now, and I feel so bad for being so behind.

2 Comments:

  • Don't feel bad, everyone gets behind on things this time of year.

    The dog coat and booties are cute! I can't picture my German Shepherd ever submitting to that though... ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:52 PM  

  • Thanks :D Yea, I don't think I'd ever make a coat like this for a big dog like that.

    By Blogger Angela, at 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home