Teaching Myself to Sew, Sew RIGHT!

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Upcoming Video plans

Well, although I don't have the best equipment, I am going to be doing these videos with some converter software and my digital camera. It's not a video camera, but it can take videos. You may have seen the one sewing video I did in a previous post on threading a sewing machine. I have a plan to update that video to a newer and better version using both a vertical and a horizontal sewing machine, and I have plans for other video content.

There's a lot of information out there that isn't being shared freely. Just as I do, in this blog, I want to share more sewing information freely via visual learning. At first there will be basic videos, and if it helps a lot of people, I will go more in depth with other things. I will probably need a real cam for that though.

Future video plans:

Parts of a Sewing Machine
Using a Sewing Machine for the First Time
Basic Stitches
Machine Maintenance
Setting and Determining Tension

ADV: Presser Feet Functions
Special Stitches

Parts of a Serger
Threading the Serger
Using the Serger


If you haven't seen my YouTube channel yet, it's http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=humblestumble

I am already starting to write out the content for my first few videos. I've noticed that when I don't have anything prepared, I don't sound very smart, and the video is much longer than intended. I want this to be precise and easy to follow, and especially easy to watch. They haven't been so easy to watch, as I am finding out. (I actually have already made videos, but I don't want to reveal them yet because they are bad.)

I hope you are looking forward to them! I am excited to start. (As long as my cats don't get in the way like they have been!) I can't say when each video will be released, but I hope to have at least the first 2 or 3 out very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home