Teaching Myself to Sew, Sew RIGHT!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'm back, full of knowledge, and hesitant to attack.

Helloooo cyberland!

It's been a long while since I've updated this blog, but it's about time for a change. I've been out of home ec (and high school) for almost 2 years now. I don't have much to show for it, except that I'm now interning to be a massage therapist, and I have a library of sewing books.

I might also add that I have accumulated a new Kenmore Serger and Sewing Machine. I love them both, had them both a year and am still teaching myself how to use them. I'll tell you, I've had quite a time with that!

I've made neck pillows, a cat bed, some garments of which several or most don't fit, I have some WIPs that haven't even been in progress for months now, I've made a bath mitt, and well that's about all I can remember for now.

OH! The most IMPORTANT thing to note (as any pattern sewer can probably appreciate) - I now have over 100 patterns, most of which are vintage/retro inspired garment patterns! I do admit to having about 10 or so patterns that I sortof regret ever getting my hands on - things I don't actually need patterns for. ALSO! I've only really sewn a handful of the patterns I do have due to time and money constraints - AND sewing knowledge.

Which brings me to my next point - I have read a lot of books on the subject of home sewing, garment sewing, tailoring, and pattern adjustment. I have yet to really apply any of my knowledge. I have also read books on T-shirt reconstruction (which is getting quite popular if you haven't noticed).

And if ANYONE has been following my blog (Highly doubt it), I have changed my url and my title. I was previously "2much2sew" and I forgot the name my blog was. Well, now I actually do have too much to sew, and too little resources for it. So I am trying to teach myself. It's a hard and trying process, but I have faith in myself.

Signing off - for now,
Humble Stumble aka: cro-knit_monkey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home